Sunday, October 12, 2008

So different and then so the same

Is it possible to have 2 kids that are so different but then the same at times? Well, I have them. My daughter is a GREAT eater (I sure hope I don't jinx that now). Easton just in the last 10 months has gotten to be good eater. Meaning he will eat what what is served to him and try it. That is all I ask in my home. Try it don't like that is fine. But if you never take 1 bite then you don't eat. For so long he would refuse to eat something without even taking one bite. He made up his mind he would not like it. Finally like 10 months ago he finally tried different things and he discovered it is not bad after all. The turning point I think was seeing Makenlee AKA-the human garbage disposal eating stuff he would never eat and devouring it. There is not much she will not eat. Another blessing of Makenlee she got Easton to eat more then a few things.

But my daughter is a dipper. She loves to dip her food in stuff. Just now she had yogurt and carrots and she was dipping them. I would never think to do that. E never dipped anything he seemed to not like the mess on his hand or whatever.

You give M a sandwich or hamburger she will eat the meat 90% of the time and leave the bread. Easton for the longest time would never eat the meat and only the bread. M is a meat and protein girl. E was a carb boy. So different. I am so glad she is the way she is after going through E's picky stage that seemed to last forever.

No comments: