Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Sick boy

While Jon and I were away my friend who was watching the kids for us called in the middle of the night to say Easton was throwing up. I told her to call me if she needed anything or if something happened. Plus what Mom would not want to know her kid was sick. Even if it was 2 1/2 hrs away. I felt so bad for her and him. But she said he was a brave lil boy. Anyway we finally got both kids early this afternoon. It was raining real bad so it took longer even though I drove 80 most of the way. Nothing stands in the way of a Mama and her sick kid. I almost killed Jon and I but I was getting to my boy. I did not almost kill us but I did drive REAL fast. Probably not the wisest thing to do in the rain but we survived.

This evening he fell asleep on the living room floor. Poor boy. Seriously has to feel that crappy to do that as Makenlee played around him. He did not even flinch.
Here is a great parenting tip if your kid is gets sick. Put towels and/or blanket on the floor that way if they do vomit you just have to clean up that and not the floor. Also I put garbage bags around his bed on the floor. Who knows if other people do that but I had never done that before that way it does not deep through the blanket and towels.

P.S. Shout out to Krista you are a saint and an awesome friend for dealing with it and letting Jon and I go away. Never say, "What is the worst that could happen." again. let me know when we can payback the favor of babysitting.

1 comment:

Krista said...

great tip about the garbage bags...i could use that since my washer isn't working! LOL I decided that I was going to go next door & use the neighbor's washing machine for awhile...maybe some payback for the electric bill situation!

and you're welcome...marc & i are already dreaming of a date night.