Friday, January 09, 2009

Heart of Thankfulness

I was reading a book on parenting and it was talking about teaching your kids thankfulness and how as parents we always are correcting them to say please and thank you and so on. But are they really learning it if we are constantly reminding them to say it all time. It becomes more prompted then them really feeling it. Not to say I will stop prompting my kids but over last couple weeks Easton will just randomly say, "Mom, thank you for___" Fill in the blank to whatever he was thankful for. Talk about making me shed a tear and melt my heart. Everytime he says it it basically wipes his slate clean for that day of any wrongs or misbehavior's he has (well, some days). I realize he gets it, he understands and all these years I have prompted is paying off and he is now saying it unprompted with a TRUE heart of thankfulness. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to hear. Sometimes it is for the little things and sometimes the big. But hey I will take it. My boy makes me so proud.

No comments: