Tuesday, December 30, 2008

what to do?

So I have been blogging for a little over 2 years ago. I have people that follow my blog, read it, link to it and have me on their front page as a fave blog and so on. I follow some blogs too. Well, some of the blogs I follow I do not know the person directly or I know the person through someone else. Well, what do you do when you run into a person while out and about who does not exactly know you but you read their blog. I ran into a lady at target that I sorta know through blogging. But it was weird. Is is voyeuristic to read someone's blog that you may not know well?? I sorta think so. But will I stop? I sometimes wish it gave me something that let me know who looked at my blog. I have debated going private that way I know who is looking at mine and so on. Does anyone else lurk to other blogs? Be honest!!!

I remember reading McMama's blog and she has 1000 peps read her blog for sure. She passed someone is Target once and heard them whisper about her. She heard,"I think that is McMama." I am not famous like her for sure but it is sorta werid to have your life out ther for all to see and you do not know who is watching. What if some perv found my blog and was looking at my pics of my kids. GROSS!!

Do I go private? AHHH!!! I know there are a lot of people who read my blog but never post a comment. I look at how many people view it so I know there are people. I just don't have everyone's email to send a invite to look at my blog. That is really why I have yet to do it.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It's kindof like Facebook. I've had people make random comments to me at church about my status updates. It's a little weird, just tell me on Facebook.

I totally read other people's blogs. I mean, why do they have them out there if they aren't meant to be read? Some of them are really encouraging and I enjoy reading them. Others, I'm just plain nosey about. So, yea, I'm a blog stalker. But at least I tell you I read yours! And the face that we are friends in real life!

Krista said...

Well, you know I read your blog. :) But I totally know what you're saying. I know for now I'm not going private. I have too many family members we don't see that often & this is how I keep them updated. I know most of them will never comment but they do read it.

But all that to say, if I ever had someone spam my blog, I'd definitely go private.

I think you can get widgets to see who is looking at your blog or at least where they're from, but I'm not sure how safe those things are either.

Ryan and Melanie said...

Yep, I read others blogs. I link on to other peoples blog and go on and on and on and find some cool stuff! I think that private is fine and there are widgets to see who is looking at it iof it is public. Just goodsearch for it and you can find one, I think. :)