Monday, November 03, 2008

Thanksgiving

Have people bypassed Thanksgiving? I have wondered that lately. We have aisles full of candy corn and candy canes. It is like we have Halloween and then Christmas. The Christmas stuff does keep going up earlier and earlier but still. We still need Thanksgiving. Instead of it being a day to share thankfulness it has become a day of stuffing our faces and formulating a shopping plan for the endless Christmas lists.

Thanksgiving is one of my fave holidays. The last few years we have had lots to be thankful for. I have been trying to have a heart of thankfulness and gratitude all year long. Not just one day. But since Thanksgiving is coming up I think I am going to share over the next few weeks all the things I am thankful for.

I still do love all the food truth be told. It is getting my taste buds going just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I agree. It's annoying. In Turkey Creek, they have already hung garland and lights on some of the buildings. And there is like one endcap of Thanksgivingy-type stuff at Target. But LOADS of Christmas stuff. Why does Halloween get so much hype and not an actual holiday?