Saturday, September 20, 2008
The last 24
It has been a crazy day that started last night at 10pm. Jon and I went to bed and I was feeling itchy on my legs and feet. I kept scratching but it would not let up then it went to my back and arms. Finally after itching and itching I tore through the medicine kit hoping to find some anti-itch cream. Nothing. Well, I woke Jon up and said I gotta go to walmart (open 24 hrs) to get something. I went in my pj's I did not care who would be there was my thought. So headed to w-mart at around 11:30ish. Well, w-mart is a happening place at that hour. No joke. I parked closet to the pharmacy section to get in and out quick. Well, they lock that side. So I walked all the way down to the grocery end. Well, as I am walking I see this couple discover that the door is locked so I sorta have to walk w/ them since we walked up to the door at the same time. I swear they were on date and were going to buy some "protection" I just thought that was so weird. UGH! Well, not weird but I am obviously far removed from the dating scene so that is what I mean. Anyway back to my experience. I get to the aisle with all the anti-itch stuff. I am looking at labels, everything trying to find the best thing to buy. Well, heck why don't I try it out while I am standing there I was so miserable. My legs were raw and red from scratching. So I am spraying my legs, feet and arms. Applying creams. Nothing is taking the stupid itch away. But since I used it I had to buy it. So then I think well I am at w-mart I should pick something up that was already on my shopping list that htey have been out of the last few times I have been there. I am walking to the bak of the store and I run into a group of girls that are clothes shopping at midnight. Who shops for clothes at midnight. Then I run into a Dad and his kid who is probably like 2 yrs old and they are looking at Hot wheels. I wanted to scream get that kid to bed but I thought that might be rude. Well, since it is midnight there is only like 2 cashiers. So the lines were insane. I waited like 10 min. to check out. I was so surprised how many people shop at w-mart that late and how many kids were still out. Crazy!! So I got this topical benedryl stuff that did the trick to allow me to stop itch and sleep. Thank you Jesus!! But then b/c I obviously went to bed way later then I normally do Jon woke me up to say both kids are up and I really need to shower to get ready for work. I was so out of it in the AM and sleep deprived. But the saga is not over. I had this rashy weird thing completely all over me and the itchys were horrible I kept scratching and scratching literally feeling like I was tearing skin and to the point a part of my leg was bleeding. Then I was freaked in case it was something I could pass on to the kids. Of course M wanted mommy and she would not let me put her down so I am all worried she is going to get this all over her. I called the Dr.'s office and found out the time urgent care opened and the kids and I were right down there when it opened. I got in and out pretty quick maybe a random rash bumps you up. Who knows! The Dr.s said she thought I had hives. But she said who knows from what. She said it can be stress related. I was like well, I know nothing of stress so it can't be that. J/K! She gave me shot of steroids in the rear and some histimes and I was on my way. Hives are gone. I should take the 'roids in pill form too but I am a little leary. It is a steroid. So I will see if they come back. I am just thankful they are gone and my skin can recover from me almost tearing it off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
It was fun for me to visit your blog and peak at your life in TN. I gotta tell you...i love all that green!
Your children are beautiful and blessed to have a mom who is striving for thankfulness!
Hang in there!
Ali
Post a Comment