Monday, June 02, 2008

My night away...

Saturday night I got to go away for an overnight trip w/ Stacey to her inlaws cabin in the mountains. We had such an awesome time. I really needed it and it was so relaxing and peaceful. Jon was the MAN let me tell you. Saturday morning Easton woke up at 5:45 and vomited so I was mad and said "Well, I guess I am not going anywhere now." Jon said, "As long as he does not throw up again you can go." Well, I thought hmm, ok. So I just did not give Easton food all day. Just kidding. Easton was fine for the rest of the day. So I left in the early evening and we drove up had a great leisurely dinner. We got to the restaurant at 7pm and it was super busy b/c it was a Saturday but then Stace says we can sit in the bar area and order and we don't have to wait. We were like yea, we can do that b/c we don't have our kids. We then went shopping at the outlets got some sweet deals. Then got to the cabin close to 10pm and stayed up to 1am chatting, relaxing and just enjoying our time. I got up in the morning sat out on the porch in a rocking chair, read, journaled and just listened to the quietness for almost 2 hours. After we packed up we then drove through the smokies and up to Cade's Cove. What a pretty drive. I SOOOO needed this. We got home that afternoon and Jon had the house completely clean, the kids were fed and dressed. That night after the kids were in bed Jon was laying on the couch and he looked real tired. He said, "I did an experiment and I tried to do everything you do throughout the day and I am tired. I just do not know how you do it." I was like "really." He said he wishes he could get a new job so that he can be home more with us. He said it is not far to me. I was like"AMEN."
The beautiful cabin Stace's father in law built

We stopped at looked out this old mill.

6 comments:

The Boys and Mommy said...

How nice is that! So happy to hear you got a night away. What a treat. Jon rocks for watching the kids...and cleaning! What a man! I'm sure he appreciates you even more now.

The Girberts said...

I'm so glad you were able to have that night away with Stacey before she moves. What a blessing!!

Ryan and Melanie said...

WOW! THat is so awesome Melissa! YOu totally need and deserve time away to recoop as a mom/wife. Yea for you!

Ryan and Melanie said...

Hey email me your email again b/c I have a new address that I sent you and I have some things I want to discuss. Thanks!!! :)

Stephanie said...

sounds like you girls had fun :) I love the insight your hubby had!!

Temre said...

Good for you. I am glad you had a good time. RIGHT ON JON for being such an awesome and supportive hubby.