Wednesday, June 18, 2008

1st day of school


Easton is at his first day of preschool. Here they call them mother's day out. But at 3 it is more preschooly then anything. I decided to put him in a one day program for the summer just to get him used to it and well to be honest to have a little break. The program is a new philosophy/curriculum then I am used to and I am very intrigued so I may put him in a similar program for the Fall. We shall see. I would rather do a trial run of it now in the summer then in the Fall when it really counts for something.
It was bittersweet for me as I realized my boy is growing up. He had no issues leaving me. The school had an open house last week where he met his 2 sweet teachers and they played. Today he walked right in and made himself right at home.
Well, I better go get busy doing the million things I need to do while I am one kid down.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

what kind of curriculum are they using? You have me curious :)

Jon and Melissa said...

It is called whole child. I like it b/c there are only 8 kids in his class w/ 2 teachers so they are getting good instruction vs. mass chaos w/ 12-15 kids per class like others I have called.