Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Returning baby bottles

I just found out that Babies R Us is returning all bottles that contain BPA. My kids used Avent so all those are going back for a credit. But even Dr. Brown's are being returned unless they are the glass bottles. I completely freaked knowing that I had something like that in my house that could have potentially be causing harm to my children. I am so thankful that they rarely got a bottle so my worry is subsiding. But heads up to all those who may have those brands. Call the local BRUS and ask what brands they will return.

3 comments:

Ryan and Melanie said...

WHAT????????????????????/ I used avent and dr browns so what's up? do they return used ones? AHH! Ok, so I guess I have unknowingly poisened my kids. What the heck is a BPA? Hey, thanks for the sleeping advice! I REALLY appreciated it, Melissa.

Jon and Melissa said...

Here are some good sites to explain what BPA is.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-04-21-BPA-phase-out_N.htm

http://www.thegreenguide.com/doc/114/bpa

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/28/AR2008042802628.html

http://zrecs.blogspot.com/ click on BPA and will give you post about it.

Yes, BRUS will rtn used ones.

Ryan and Melanie said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!