Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New babies

It is that time again where it seems like everyone is having a baby. It goes in spurts. I have had I think 4 friends have babies in the last few weeks. It then made me get all reflective and think how I was in their shoes just a year ago. I then look at my precious girl and think wow, you are so big now. I actually shed a few tears today over it. Makenlee has made me a better mommy, more emotional and sentimental. I praise Jesus for her daily b/c she has brought so much to our lives. There has been a lot of change since she has been born and there has been healing in relationships. I am so thankful for her and excited to see all that God has in store for her in her life. I also went through the blog from last year and after reflecting, reading all the stories and looking at their old pictures I feel so blessed by my kids. I find no greater joy then being with them and raising them. They are growing so quick. I know you hear that all the time. I do cherish it. I love them so much. I feel blessed. Someone told me today that I have the highest calling being a mother. Higher then a pastor or evangelist. I said so I am on the same level as Billy Graham. I am still mulling over that conversation. I know my calling is high but never heard that before.

No comments: