So I have had a PDA for hmm, I think like over 10 years....and it died on Wednesday. I am still in the grieving process as it was my address book, calendar, to do list and note pad for more then a decade. I am almost on the verge of crying as a type this post about my trusty PDA. That thing was my BF. I could not do a thing w/o consulting it. It was my life. Now it is gone. I am lost w/o it...Jon at first laughed at me. But then he realized being married to a HYPER-planner/organizer it was bad thing. He then stopped laughing and gave me a hug and helped me remember the things I needed to do over the next couple weeks. I am clueless w/o it right now.I had appts. that I forgot I had. I don't even have the number's to call (since they were in there)to find out when they are....I COULD SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, how did it die you may ask. Well, while in CA the battery died and in some freakish weird occurrence it wiped all data off and when I charged it and turned it on it acted like I was a new user. With a blank address book and calendar. Well, you may think. Don't you back it up. Well, I did but in another random occurrence. I was having virus problems with my computer so while in CA my Dad basically rebuilt my computer and alas losing the software for the Palm and the data....Double whammy. It is really no one's fault. Even the tech guy on the phone said it was a freak thing that happens....
So if you could email me your address, phone #'s, b-day, anniversary, and any important info you think I will need. It will help me as I have resorted to this lame-o paper calendar that I carry around in my purse that already looks horribly folded and scribbled.
I am trying to figure out what to do now. They have phones w/ PDA things on them and I have seen a few on craigslist that I may get. So then it is less to carry around. So we shall see....





No comments:
Post a Comment