Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mean lady

Yesterday I took the kids to the library. We were in the children's area and E and I were reading books. Makenlee was pulling some books off the shelf and she maybe had three on the floor. This library worker (an older women) comes up to me and says," Is that your daughter?" I said,"Yes," She says,"You are going to let her do that?" I said,"What? She is looking at the books." She says," She is making a mess. You have to clean that up." I said," Ok, she is a baby. I planned to when we were done here. I thought this was a library not a museum." She then walked away. I kept reading with E and then she just stood behind the counter watching M and me. I was like forget this we are just going to leave. E of course was wondering why as we had only been there for less then 10 minutes and he loves to read at the library. I said, "Because of a mean lady." BIG mistake. So he starts repeating what I said, " A mean lady. Is that the mean lady?" He walks up to the counter saying, "Is that the mean lady? Someone was mean to Makenlee." It was funny but I sure have to watch what I say.

2 comments:

The Girberts said...

That is funny that he kept repeating "mean lady"! I can't believe she said that to you. I mean, if you're going to work at the library where there are children coming in all the time you have to know that is going to happen. Crazy!!

Ryan and Melanie said...

What a crab! It is the children's section! Someone needs a new job!