Sunday, September 13, 2009

30 is here

Today is my 30th birthday. I can't believe I am 30. CRAZY! It does not feel that old just weird.

Anyway I was thinking about all I have done the last 10 years.

Who knew by 20 I would move out of Sacramento to Costa Mesa, CA and start living on my own. By 21 I had a studio apartment in Huntington Beach and I lived by myself until I married Jon so maybe a year and a half or so. At 21 I met Jon. By 22 I was a married girl. Then we moved up to the San Fernando Valley where I interned and commuted to school to finish up my degree. By 23 I graduated college with my B.S. degree and we moved back to the OC (YEAH). At 24 I started working in the real world with autistic and special needs kids at various schools then got pregnant with Easton and become a Mom when I was 25. I then stayed home and raised the boy. At 26 got pregnant with Makenlee and turned 27 and we moved to TN and became a mini-van Mom. Got SVT while pregnant w/ her and nearly died on Christmas of 2006 b/c my heart rate was 300+ beats per minute. She was born a few months later healthy and strong. That is why I say she is a miracle. I am thankful God protected her and I. God healed me 5 weeks after she was born while on the surgery table. At 28 we went on our first "real" vacation to the beach. Oh, that was awesome. At 29 I started working part-time at children's hospital and now I turn 30.

Who knows what is ahead for me...But looking forward to finding out and walking this next decade. I am so thankful for God and for Jon, Easton and Makenlee. They have taught me so much and brought me so much joy.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday! The 30s are the best! Much better than the 20s!! IMO...enjoy!