Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"I won't cut you"

Our sweet 4 year old is learning about self sufficing, helping out and having responsibilites. Start them off young and they won't know the difference, right!

He puts his dishes in the sink and sometimes even washes them and puts them in the d/w. Picks out his clothes and dresses himself and 98% of the time matches too. Helps himself to a drink or snack...I am not a HUGE fan of this but he is doing well and not making a mess.

Well, he took it that much farther this morning when he wanted breakfast and I was upstairs and I said, "I'll will be down in a minute." Well, I hear Makenlee shriek, squeal, scream...Typical 2 yr old girl behavior around here and I thought Easton was saying,"I won't get you..." Well, they come clambering upstairs, then I hear,"I won't cut you.." Ya, you got it my son has a FREAKING butter knife in his hand...I FREAK OUT and I am like what are you doing...He says,"I wanted to have my zucchini bread for breakfast." I go downstairs he has the bread on the table nearly unwrapped and he then got a knife to cut it I guess. Ok, scratch that I really don't want him to be self sufficient....I will just do everything for him and he won't play with knives till he is 20...

Side note-No one was injured in the process and luckily Easton is not a violent child who would injure his sister. Thus the reason he was yelling" I won't cut you...""

2 comments:

Krista said...

That's hilarious! Glad no one was hurt...the last thing you need is another trip to the ER this summer!

Jon and Melissa said...

Seriously. I hope to not be at the ER for the rest of this whole yr. We have met our quota...HA. Now if it as M w/ the knife whole nother story (j/k). But E wouldn't hurt a fly....