Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Observations on dates and family dinners

I have had the pleasure of going on dates w/ Jon for 8 years and being a family for 4 years. Ok, I will not allow my kids to play video games/game boys or whatever they are called when we eat at a restaurant. I refuse...The other thing is while I am on a date w/ my hubby I will not be sitting there on my phone talking or worse texting...I have seen this for toooooo long and it is ridiculous do you have nothing to talk about w/ your kids or spouse that you resort to video games and playing with your phone...YIKES!!
When we were in WI in July w/ Jon's family his 2 High School age cousins sat in the same room and texted each other the whole night. Jon and I about died when we figured out what they were doing. Well, we more made fun of them and they said we talk more this way. What!! We could not believe it....I am not a fan of texting. I do not have texting on my phone and if you text me I pay .25 cents every time....
I know texting comes in handy sometimes. But what can be literally dealt w/ in 1 min phone convo instead of 5 texts....Like I planned a baby shower a few weeks ago w/ my friends sister in law. Ok, I can say this b/c she does not read my blog...Anyway she texted me to get some punch. I said, " Ok, what are the ingred's." She texts it back. She said something about fuzzy navel....So I replied what is that? Then she texts back what it is. The I reply where do I get it....8 texts go by and now I just paid $2 for something that could have taken a mere 2 minutes if that to be taken care of....Ok, GRRR. Vent done!

2 comments:

Krista said...

good to know! i had no idea you got charged for texting...you should have told me! i agree with you, except there are a few occasions where i prefer texting to talking (if i really need a short answer but don't want to talk to whoever it is b/c usually they are talk-o-holics!). but mostly i prefer talking!

Ryan and Melanie said...

yea, I sometimes get annoyed with texting. I feel like it is a cop-out (sp?) at times...you are a great blogger!!!!