Saturday, August 02, 2008

I have an addiction...

Isn't the first step admitting your addiction? Well, I am addicted to consignment sale shopping. Well, to all my readers that do not live here in TN. This is what they are. Churches and some organizations have these GIANT sales once a year and some do it twice a year, Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter. Well, this stuff is not raggidy cheap stuff. This stuff is good, name brand things. Well, some people still put crap in the sales but all in all you still find good stuff. Well, I pretty much know of every sale in the west Knoxville area and I have them all on my calendar. I do try to go to pretty much all of them. I also know which ones are more kid friendly and which are not. I prefer to not take the kids period but since Jon works every Saturday and that is when they are. I sometimes have to take them unless I find a sitter. Which I do. I will not rant on my pet peeves of people w/ their kids at the sales. GRR!! I am trying to be positive. :)

I always find something. I have started calling them treasure hunts to Easton if I have to take him. Because we always find a few treasures. Since being here I am going on my 3rd season of sales. So I am learning the ropes of what you can get for what price. Like for example these sales have a 1/2 off sale. Now the consignors can decide if they want an item to go 1/2 off or not but most people do say it is fine so they can get stuff out of their house.

You also learn what is a deal and what is not. What will sell at full price and what will be there at 1/2 off.

I love them. I find deals. I have always bought stuff on clearance for the kids so I used to deals. I have friends that buy their kids Christmas presents there. The kids never know if it is new or not. All they care about is that is out of the box and ready to be played with. So I will be starting to do that.

The stage I am in with my kids rocks. Because I buy clothes they wear them and then I resell most of time for what I paid and it is like a revolving door. Stuff comes in and stuff goes out and I break even.

This whole thing is almost an art form. I used to do it with my best buddy Stacey but she has left me to move back to beautiful sunny CA. So I am accepting apps for a new partner in crime. HA!!! We would consign together and scope out the deals together. We were on the same wave length of our craziness for these sales.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

call me next time you go - I'd love to learn from you :) I am not quite as experienced as you - but it has been nice to buy an entire season's worth of clothes and not have to go shopping anywhere else! Of course, I only go to DDG right now!