Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easton is eating us out of the house

Since Easton was sick with the flu 2 weeks ago and did not eat for 3 days and had a light appetite the rest of that week, he is making up for it now. The kid is non stop eating. It is funny cause he keeps saying more, more. I want dinner. I am also trying to fill him up with more filling foods to help him go between meals. I was reading this book on nutrition and it was crazy how some of the foods we eat make our bodies want more food. It is a total chemical thing. So we are trying to get the stuff out of our house and go with stuff that is obviously more healthy and more filling. It is wonder why some kids snack on crappy foods all day b/c they are eating empty things. I thought we ate pretty well but now we are trying even harder. Plus Makenlee knows no different so she is sorta a clean slate. If she eats healthy then she will not know what she misses.

2 comments:

Ryan and Melanie said...

what book is it? i'd like to check it out too! is M walking now?

Jon and Melissa said...

The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood by William Sears and another I want to get that talks about traditional eating is called Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Mary Enig. Dr. Sears has a lot of books on eating that I want to read. I don't agree w/ some of his other practices but the eating, health stuff I do for sure. I got The Family Nutrition Book by Sears but have not read it. He also has a book on picky eating I read. M is on the verge but no steps yet. Easton was the same way ready but waited till he was ready to walk proficently then he was full throttle. We will see. How about Mr. Brody? I am in full party planning mode how about you? Sorry for the novel comment. If you want to talk about more books email me. I love talking about it. Are your kids good eaters?