Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update on Melissa's Heart problems

I went to the cardiologist Tuesday. They have no idea why my heartrate was so high last week. Thankfully it has not happened since. I have a heart monitor that I have to wear for a month just in case it happens again they can get a reading on it. I had a echocardiogram Friday which showed a healthy heart. Which I guess is good for a 27 year old, at least that is what the tech said. He said the Dr. will review and let me know if he sees anything wrong but the tech said my heart was fine. The thing the Dr. is concerned about is being that I am pregnant he does like to see an elevated heartrate, but thinks my heart may have been aggravated with the increased blood volume since I am pregnant.

No comments: