Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another ER visit

Well, I was back to the ER again with a fast heartrate. This one was for an hour and a half. Today Jon, Easton, Jon's mom and I were out shopping at the factory outlets about an hour away and we then went to have lunch. As I was finishing my lunch my heart began to race. I grabbed my handy dandy heart monitor to record it. Well, guess what it did not work. It was DEAD!!!! Great timing, right. We frantically look for batteries. Jon ran over to a hotel next door to get some. Those did not work either. Then we could not find a landline that allowed me to call out. I finally got to use the phone in the back office and found some batteries there. After a long ordeal with calling the cardiologist and the heart monitor company trying to get the silly thing to work. Arguing with the nurse b/c she thinks the monitor takes AA and I am like I pulled AAA batteries out and that is what the monitor says. The nurse says, "You must have bad wires. I am going to send you a new monitor, wires and batteries tomorrow via Fed Ex. You'll be home, right." I am like are you serious that is all you have to say while my heart is about to beat out of my chest. She said, "Well, if you think you are having a meical emergency please go to the nearest ER." I am like ok, thanks for the help. Oh, and this is the real funny part. The nurse said since you had problems with the monitor today I am going to extend your testing peorid a week or so for the inconvenience this caused you today. I was like thanks. We drove 45 min back to Knoxville. I am stubborn and wanted to go to the ER that I went to 3 weeks ago and plus God forbid something happened to the baby. I wanted my OB close by. So we got to the hospital and the second Iwalked into triage it was back to normal. So we don't know the cause is AGAIN!!!!! But the baby's heartrate was good and she has been moving and kicking me ever since. I have never been happier to be kicked. So that is a good sign. Please pray for my heart, for our baby girl through this and that if it does happen again my silly monitor will work and be able to record it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its good to see that you and the baby are okay. I hope stays well and hope you guys have a good holiday season. My wife says the same thing about our baby kicking.